The EPR Club was founded in 2012 on an initiative of ACR+ together with some of its members, and with the support of the European Commission. The aim is to bring together stakeholders from all concerned areas and to further a dialogue on EU policy developments and technical implementation of EPR systems throughout Europe.
Objectives of the EPR Club
- Allow dialogue on EU policy developments and strategies regarding EPR schemes and their technical implementation
- Clarify the EPR concept towards policy-makers and the civil society
- Build a joint initiative to identify the good practices in the EPR field, to disseminate them widely or even reinforce the European legal bases
- Identify and highlight the factors that drive the implementation of EPR schemes
- Increase the knowledge and commitment of the producers themselves and identify the social and financial impacts and opportunities for all stakeholders involved
- Strengthen each level of the waste hierarchy and minimise the environmental impact of products across their entire lifecycle