Deposit-refund systems for one-way beverage packaging in Europe: exchange of experiences and points of view
In recent years, the interest and controversy over deposit-refund systems for one-way beverage packaging
The lunch debate hosted on 17 January 2018 by ACR+ wished to discuss the current situation and to explore the arguments put forward by proponents and opponents of such a system, and the different perspectives on the role of deposits within the mix of instruments put in place to help drive the circularity of packaging.
On the occasion of this Lunch debate, ACR+ first released its study report entitled “Deposit-refund systems for one-way beverage packaging in Europe”, which explores existing experiences of Deposit-refund systems across ten European countries: Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Iceland, Lithuania, the Netherlands, Norway and Sweden.
- Participant List
- Deposit-refund systems for one-way beverage packaging in Europe: full report and 10 country case studies, ACR+
- Study on the Application of the Packaging and Packaging Waste Deposit System in Portugal, Executive summary, SPV - SOCIEDADE PONTO VERDE
- Bilyana Spasova, ACR+
- Joachim Quoden, EXPRA
- Manuel Pássaro, Sociedade Ponto Verde
- Rauno Raal, Earth Care Consulting
- Pilar Chiva, Catalan Waste Agency